It is not news that these remodeling processes depend on many factors and people, that’s why we are not going to tell you exactly how long it will take to remodel your kitchen, but we can give you some insights to take into account when making the decision to transform this sector of your home so you don’t get many surprises along the way.
We hope it will be of great help to you!
What am I really looking for?
This is basically the starting point of this process, having clarity on why we are making this decision: we need more space, we want to change the style, change our kitchen appliances, or just upgrade our current kitchen?
This is where we should start and also keep in mind that it will be our axis in the whole process. Being sure of what we are looking for will make the other stages of the remodeling process easier.
Do your research. Look for styles you like, get inspired by other kitchens. This exploration stage takes time, enjoy it and get into it with passion.
Is it a DIY or a PRO required project?
This is one of the factors that will help answer the question that started this article: how long does a kitchen remodel take?
We already know from experience that cheap is often expensive. We think that by saving a little money we can get away with some jobs.
Our recommendation is that, unless you have the knowledge and necessary skills, you should let professionals take care of some specific tasks of the remodeling, such as:
- Painting (yes! painting!)
- Aesthetics: Can you finish the project attractively enough like a pro?
The reason why we recommend that these aspects rest in the hands of professionals, is because many times and unintentionally, when we do it ourselves we end up realizing that we don’t have enough knowledge to do it, and we end up calling a professional. double work, double time and money wasted.
We could also be sacrificing resale value of our house, and that is something we don’t want!
Keep your feet on the ground
Don’t believe everything you see on TV! Just like you, we love the makeover and home remodeling shows.
But the ugly truth is that everything is not as pretty and simple as it seems, we are not here to fool ourselves right?
If we want to remodel our kitchen, we want to do it right. According to the size of your project, and taking into account your starting point (why did I make this decision?), it will depend on the time it will take.
It could be 3 weeks, two months or up to a year….
What we want to say here is that it is almost impossible to achieve quality changes overnight as we see on TV.
Relying on professionals will be of great help, because they know more precisely how long certain stages of your project can take.
For example, having a 3d rendering service will allow you to estimate times and costs, because you will have an almost exact representation of how your kitchen will look after all the work. Therefore you will save more time when making decisions and you will probably not have to redo work once started.
We can’t have everything under control…
There are factors that are beyond our control. That’s why we must have them on the loop, so that if they appear and delay our project, they won’t find us unprepared and we will know how to deal with them:
- Unforeseen lead times and back orders
- Permit and inspection delays
- Pre-existing conditions
So, how long does a kitchen remodel take? The truth is that the answer will depend on each project and how you decide to carry it out.
But whichever way you apply it, the aspects we mentioned above are pretty much the same for both.
Don’t get overwhelmed! always think about the end result: the kitchen of your dreams!
And you know, if you are not ready to embark on this adventure, you always have the option to modernize and refresh your kitchen without remodeling. We will give you some tips for that soon!
- Real Estate Renderings: show your home’s best face in the market January 19, 2022
- 3D Architectural Exterior Rendering: Ideal When Working With Facade Makeovers January 7, 2022
- Interior Design Trends 2022: how to visualize them in your house thanks to 3D Rendering December 28, 2021
- AVS 3D Architectural Visualization & Rendering Blog December 17, 2021
- 3D Animation and Visualization for Retail Projects December 7, 2021
- Why is it so important to work with a professional 3d rendering studio? November 29, 2021
- 3D bathroom visualizations: how they help clients to understand designed layouts November 17, 2021
- Main benefits of 3D virtual house tours November 9, 2021
- 3D Rendering for interior designers October 25, 2021
- 5 common mistakes made when not using 3D home renderings October 16, 2021